Hey guys! Doing another tutorial! Have you ever taken a picture in a style that you like and that has quality and then you look at the background and realize something is missing? This is the tutorial that will help you spice up that background without much pain or background removal, etc.
1. Take your SL shot as you wish, with a plain colour background (this might also work for non plain backgrounds… just play around)
2. Create a new layer and then select the colour white and brush opacity to about 9%. In the middle of your picture paint a light source.
3. Find a grunge type of textures! I really enjoy the free ones you can get from InsightDesign’s Blog! Place your texture on top of your picture and start playing with the layer mode.
4. With the eraser on a round brush, big size, around 30% opacity erase the texture on the focus point of your pic (in this case over the avatar)
5. On a new layer, select the round brush, with the colour black and 30% opacity and darken the corners of your picture (vignette effect)
6. Merge all layers and play around with curves, sharpen tools, etc.
p.s didn’t really spend much time on this pic… this is super easy and fun for all of you are starting with photoshop… or even for those days when laziness kicks in!